Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What do you call a large box of new tea?


A good start.


Needless to say, I was very excited to get my box of new tea from my favorite new catalog, Upton Tea Importers. Its a serious Sears & Roebuck esq' book that comes out quarterly printed in black and white and has little or no pictures. While the website is much more user friendly and has fantastic pictures, reviews and search functions the old timeyness of the physical catalog (ie. it contains an article on the historical connection between tea and the opium wars) is the best way to browse. I opted for putting my order in online though to speed things up and got the order in about four days.

You can order things in British style tea tins for $2 or the vacuum sealed packets seen above. Everything comes with a personalized label with date of packing and suggested amount/temp/time. The labels come off the bags and can be put on your own tins. So now everyone can see that the tea in my collections was indeed packed for Eliezer Silver and not some impostor.

This order included...






ZG18 125g packet:
Chun Mee (Moon Palace)
packed for:
Eliezer Silver
$4.40 1 $4.40

TT88 125g packet:
Formosa Oolong Spring Dragon
packed for:
Eliezer Silver
$14.40 1 $14.40

ZO10 100g packet:
China Oolong Se Chung
packed for:
Eliezer Silver
$4.90 1 $4.90

ZG45 100g packet:
Pi Lo Chun Superior Organic
packed for:
Eliezer Silver
$12.80 1 $12.80

It also came with a free sample of Sungma Estate SFTGFOP1 Second Flush which is cool because I have wanted to try out some more single estate black teas. Thus far the only black tea's i've ever really liked are blends like Irish Breakfast so these samples might be a good place to start.

Overall, having not tasted anything yet, very impressed. More reviews to come once I have time to drink it.

5 comments:

  1. I love Upton's catalog. I love their articles and the catalog descriptions. I just bought my sister and I a goodie box a few months ago.

    Black teas from Upton are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to help you test some out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing this picture of the Upton box made me happy...I love getting shipments from Upton! I've tried the first three teas, and the Se Chung oolong is one of my all-time favorites.

    I just discovered your tea blog and I like it! I added you to the links on my tea blog: cazort.blogspot.com. I also run RateTea.net, which might be interesting to you if you'd like to gain more visibility for your tea blog, especially whenever you review teas. Feel free to contact me through the contact form on that site if you have any questions.

    I look forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    This is Na-Ha from Hampstead Tea.

    I saw your blog on the Tea and we are very interested in it. I wonder if you would agree to publish a press release on our new products.

    If you do, please contact me to helo.naha@gmail.com.

    Thank you for your time,
    Best Regards

    Na-Ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your blog and it is great. You can also check about English Breakfast Tea and its recipes.

    ReplyDelete